Friday 12 June 2009

Trisha's News


TRAVEL TO UK
I arrived in UK on June 3rd after problem free journey. Great to be reuntied with my parents again who seem well.

MA SUMMER SCHOOL
I will be at Redcliffe College in Gloucester from June 15th - July 3rd for an intensive Summer School for my MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission. I have done the preliminary reading so the MA proper is now about to start. Pray that at my age I can once again settle into study and carve out the necessary time needed for study particularly when I return to Sudan.

MARIDI
While I am in UK please pray for security and well being in Maridi of my house, staff, animals and vehicle.SWINE FLUI am due back in Maridi on August 4th. Pray I can enter Uganda, then Sudan as they are threatening to refuse entry to those coming from countries where there is Swine Flu.

DISCIPLESHIP COURSE
The Following Jesus Course I have written has been translated into Arabic as well as English and is now being printed. From August 12th - 13th I will train leaders how to use the Course then all parishes in the Diocese will start the three month Course from the second week of September.

BISHOP'S ADVISER
Bishop Justin, the Bishop of Maridi Diocese, has told me that the most important role in my work as a Canon is to be close to him and advise him and help him to keep the Church in the Diocese on God's path as it develops. What a priviledge.FUNDINGThe money for my programme of Theological Education by Extension has now finished so I have nothing for that or my new role in Discipleship Training. I don't even have money to pay for my driver Wilson's salary (which is £130 per month). Pray that God will provide as I seek donors. My work is funded separately from the money which is given to CMS for my personal support.

HEALTH CHECKS
I have various appointments while in UK. Pray that I have a clean bill of health and that this will continue. God has been so good at keeping me ingood health while in Sudan.HOLIDAYWhen I have finished my MA Summer School I will be going to Devon for a holiday with my parents and we also hope to visit relatives who live in the south.

UK PHONE NUMBER
If you wish to contact me before July 31st please contact 01262 404100. As it is not Home Leave I am unable to visit churches but it wouldbe great to chat on the phone.

PRAYER SUPPORT
I am very aware of so much prayer support and am so grateful for this as well as ongoing financial support. Thank you.

PEACE IN SUDAN
This is very fragile. The Government in Southern Sudan has refused to accept the results of a Census which was taken last year. This may affectelections which are due in February 2010. In 2011 there is a referendum when the people of Southern Sudan will vote as to whether to stay part of a united Sudan or whether the South wil separate and become self governing. There are still problems with the Lord's Resistance Army and other rebel groups which are destabilising the South. Pray for God's over ruling in all this. The International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan but it has yet to be carried out.

With best wishes,Trisha Wick

No comments:

Post a Comment