Wednesday 24 June 2009

News from Dan Clarke




Dear All,
As some of you may know I am planning a gap year starting in September 2009. I have been accepted by a Christian Organisation called “Ambassadors in Sport” to work as a volunteer in South Africa. Their ethos is ‘bringing hope through football’.

The Ambassadors in Sport Internship Mission statement aims ‘to develop each individual spiritually, whilst training, resourcing and equipping them in sports ministry through theoretical teaching and practical experience’.

As a keen sportsman I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to serve in a country where there is great need. Football will have a very high profile in South Africa in 2010 as it hosts the Football World Cup.

My role will include coaching football, setting up coaching programmes and tournaments. We will also work alongside the local churches presenting the gospel and raising awareness of AIDS and its prevention. I am booked to fly on Sunday 30th August.


I would be very grateful for your prayers to make it an amazing experience and also to keep me safe in a potentially dangerous country. If anyone would like to sponsor me financially, please contact me via reception 01262 404100

Also if anyone has any odd jobs they would like me to do, I would be willing to do these to help finance this gap year.

Thanks,
Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment