Wednesday 17 June 2009



It is the Lord It's Me by Kate Epton

Sometimes I sit in silence
I close my eyes and pray
I long to hear your voice
And see your lovely face.
I wonder Lord so often
How it is you would appear
And what your voice would sound like
If you whispered in my ear.
And as I meditated on your word
A thought then came to mind
As I sat and prayed so peacefully
Your answer I did find.
You taught me how to listen
And simply not to hear
You told me not just to look
But to see and to adhere
You showed me all the wondrous things
That each day I let pass me by
The things we take for granted
The things that make us smile.
For when we hear the breeze
Gently rustling through the trees
You to me Lord so definitely
The sounds you hear are me
Each tree that stands so mighty
And dressed with every leaf
Isn’t planted by accident
They are all are here by me
And gentle sound of buzzing
of summer honey bees
All are of your purpose and of use
And all created just by me.
Sweet sounds are all around us
As morning chorus comes your way
And every little feathered friend
I bless each break of day
Fragrant flowers in abundance
All blossom for my pleasure
Each petal I’ve made so carefully
Each one for you to treasure
New buds will always open
In springtime once again
I breathed them life, yes it is I
I your Lord the same
And as a new born baby
Cries out at its birth
It is my very own masterpiece
To bring new life to earth
And when you see the rains
Come sprinkling to the ground
Give praise that I have sent them
Do not look up and frown
For I the lord I bless you
And give you water to survive
To drink to wash and use as you will
The need life has to thrive
The sun the rain the snow and all
Are all necessary to my plan
You need the elements and much more
And every bird and beast and man
From a tiny ant
To gigantic bear
Every fish that swims
Every bird in pair
All is here at my will
Each town and city and nation
They’re not just here, just by chance
They are mine the Lord’s creation
The sun and moon have their purpose
Stars, not simply to pattern the sky
They are here as I allowed them
And I am the Lord am I.
And as the sea rushes to the shore
To meet a pebbled beach
Listen to it’s sound and see it in all its guise
And then you’ll know, I am within your reach
And if you fell overwhelming love
And joy and peace within
Don’t think it’s mere contentment
Remember it is the Lord, remember it’s him.
And as every new day dawns
And night falls dark at close
Ponder for a little while
And remember it’s you I chose
No day was left unaccounted
Provisions were made for all
To allow each spring to lead to summer
And each winter to follow fall
We each all were chosen
To live our time on earth
With all our days allotted
From our very birth
So let us praise and thank our lord
For all we have and do
For everything he has given
To the likes of me and you
And so now if I sit in silence
And close my eyes and pray
I know I can hear your voice
And see creation in your face.
Because you my Lord are all around us
In all this life that we have come to know
In all we see and in all we hear
And everywhere we go
Tank you Lord for being here
And holding us so tight
From morning dawn, throughout the day
And when we say goodnight.
So now I can hear you, Lord
And see you all around
The gentle rustle in the trees
It is your lovely sound.
And as each new and precious bud
Breathes fresh life for us all to see
I hear your voice so softly say
It is I Lord, it’s me.

No comments:

Post a Comment