Friday 16 October 2009

Trisha's News for October

Hello again from Maridi. Here is the latest news:

ABNORMAL EYE
My little kitten Pickles was born with an abnormal eye. However due to prayer God seems to have healed it and there is no sign of a problem now.
RETIRED ARCHBISHOP AND FORMER BISHOP OF MARIDI
Dr. Joseph Marona died on 18th September and was buried in Juba on 25th. He has been a great support to me. Pray for his family especially his wife, Mama Eunice.
SECURITY AND ELECTIONS
Elections are due in April 2010 and already there is an increase in insecurity in many places in Southern Sudan. Pray this does not escalate.
DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING
The Following Jesus Part 1 Course I wrote is now being used in all 58 parishes in the diocese. There has been some very positive feedback. Between now and Christmas I will visit all 8 Archdeaconries to monitor how it is going. Part 2 is ready in English and we are about to complete the translation into our local Arabic.
ELECTRICITY AND WATER
The main street in the town now has street lights !!!!!! Electricity should reach my house during the first half of 2010. Pray for Bob, an American, who is in charge of the project. I hope to have piped water to an outside tap before then.
NEW DIOCESES
Nzara Diocese has now been created out of Yambio Diocese and is about 100 miles from Maridi. Samuel Enosa who is only 29 years old will be consecrated Bishop on October 25th. I expect it to be added to the dioceses for which I am responsible for the TEE Programme. Also there is to be a new Area Diocese called Bahr Olo which is inside Maridi Diocese. Another young man will be consecrated Bishop of Bahr Olo. Praise God for the enthusiasm, energy and vision of our young Bishops of whom there are many. Could UK follow this lead?
YOUTH CONFERENCE
Wilson is arranging this for November 16th - 20th. There is no outside funding so they hope to manage with just local contributions. Wilson would appreciate your prayers. The main topics will be Leadership and Healthcare.
CMS SUPPORT
This is the time of year when I really pray for God's provision for the money CMS needs for my Personal Support (which is what keeps me here). At present the total given so far is down on last year, but I realise many churches give at the end of the year. God has provided every year so far.
PHONE CALLS
Now I have a mobile phone, I occasionally receive calls from UK which is such an encouragement. The number is 00249917258143. Remember, after you change your clocks this month we will be three hours ahead of you.
ADDRESS FOR PARCELS
For those of you who send me parcels there is now a quicker way for them to reach me, as the small MAF plane can bring them by air to Maridi. For the address contact reception 404100
MA STUDIES
These are going well and I am about to submit the first of the four assignments I have to do by next May.
CAR
I would like to place an order for a new vehicle before the end of 2010. Pray for God to provide the finances needed if that is to happen.
DISCIPLESHIP BOOKS
I am trying to build up a library of Discipleship books - both about Discipleship, and also actual Discipleship courses. Do any of you have access to any books you could send me?
HOME LEAVE
Due to my MA studies it will be difficult for me to take five months off for Home Leave later next year. CMS have agreed to let me divide my Home Leave into two parts. When I have completed my MA Summer School in early July 2010, I will then stay in UK for another two months to visit half of my Link Churches. The other three months of it will then be taken in mid 2011.

God bless you all for your ongoing support.

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment