Saturday 14 November 2009

Alpha Starting Again

Alpha Starts again on Monday 11th January at 7pm in the Church Hall
Over 2 million people in the UK including and 11 million worldwide have now attended an Alpha course, an opportunity to explore the meaning of life, running in tens of thousands of churches of all denominations across the world.
Alpha is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith in a relaxed setting over ten thought-provoking weekly sessions, with an additional "Away day".
Revd Jonathan Couper says:
"We are now offering two Alpha courses a year and would like to invite you to come along and enjoy this exploration of the basics of the Christian faith!
There’s good company and an evening meal provided, so you can meet and get to know other course members.
The Alpha Course gives you an opportunity to ask those questions that you have always wanted to ask in a non-threatening environment
So many of the people who have been on the course have said ,"I wish I had done the course earlier in my life, it has given me a new understanding of why I am here on earth"."

Course Content
The talks each week cover the following topics, which people are then free to discuss in the small groups afterwards:
Week 1 Who is Jesus?
Week 2 Why did Jesus Die?
Week 3 How can we have Faith?
Week 4 Why and how do I Pray?
Week 5 Why and how should I read the Bible?
Week 6 How does God Guide us?
Week 7 How can I Resist Evil?
Week 8 Why and how should I tell Others?
Week 9 Does God Heal Today?
Week 10 What about the Church?

There's also a Day Away which covers:
Who is the Holy Spirit?
What does the Holy Spirit do?
How can I be Filled with the Holy Spirit?
How can I Make the Most of the Rest of my Life?


To register

01262 404100

Or pick up a registration form at Key Centre Reception or back of church, complete and return to the Key Centre Reception

No comments:

Post a Comment