Wednesday 26 August 2009

Dan Clarke August Newsletter

Four days to go until I leave Bridlington to embark on my massive experience in South Africa. The VISA still hasn’t arrived, which is quite nerve racking, but hopefully it will arrive soon.
I don’t think I have ever been away from home for than 2 weeks at a time, and I have definitely not been away without people that I know. So for me leaving home for potentially 11 months, away from family and friends that have been with me for the last 18 years, will be a big shock.


Hopefully, I won’t get too homesick and that I will meet some amazing people that will make my time there a good one. My preparations have taken a large step today, as I had my hair cut to a relatively short length. This will hopefully make my time there a bit cooler, as a lot of hair was cut off.


Obviously there isn’t too much to say before I go. But with me being a guy, I still haven’t packed yet. But I’ve still got a few days to do this.

Thanks again for all your support.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment